Hidden Knowledge Course: Lesson Seven
Core Life Challenges
Page Two of Two
When we look into our shadows, we see darkness is just another aspect of the light. ~ Gerar Toye
Though most of us are aware of personal issues on which we are working in our lives, few have explored the deepest underlying beliefs which are often at the root of many of the difficulties we face. Below is an empowering guide designed to assist you in discovering your most challenging core beliefs and consciously transforming them. Please read this essay and spend some time in contemplation exploring the core challenges in your life.
We encourage you to explore your core challenges and name them. Develop intentions to assist you in transforming these beliefs. Once you've finished reading the above essay and come up with one or more core challenges or beliefs, write them down and consider how you might use this information to make a difference. If you are having difficulty with this, don't hesitate to send a message requesting support from your personal profile page.
In exploring our core life challenges, it's important to remember that this is all a natural part of our lives. Every part of ourselves and of every person has the potential to teach us key lessons that can help us to grow.
Though it is important to acknowledge the subjective value of good and bad in our lives, in the greater scheme of things consider that maybe nothing is ultimately or inherently good or bad. We can choose to see all parts of ourselves and others as valuable partners in the unfolding of our lives.
And just so we don't get too serious about all of this, this lesson ends with a fun, satirical essay on the dangers of living in our modern world and an inspiring video clip. The fun essay is titled We Should Never Have Survived
The inspiring six-minute video below shows some softball players who, when confronted with a major challenge, came up with a very unusual solution.
The more I face my fears, the more fearless I become. ~ Anonymous
Image by Teka Luttrell of soulconnection.net
Take Action: Suggested Activities to Make a Difference
- Write down your core challenging beliefs and develop intentions with which to transform them.
- Find one or more close friends or family members with whom you can talk about your challenges. First ask them what they think your core challenges are. Notice if you are able to just listen without a need to defend yourself. Then share what you've come up with and get their feedback. Even if you don't agree with what they say, see how much you can listen and understand the reasoning behind what they are saying.
- Remember that your greatest challenges, when recognized as the powerful teachers they are, can also be your greatest strengths in disguise. They can provide the motivation for ever greater growth and expansion. Notice when you are choosing to play the role of victim and explore means to transform yourself into a powerful creator. (Click here for more on this)
- What paradigm were you raised in? What agreements in your family of origin kept you and others from going too far out of the box? How much did you buy into your family's paradigm? How much did you fight against it? How much are you buying into or fighting against the old paradigm on our planet now? Consider what paradigm you want to create for yourself now and explore how you might move more fully into that way of living.
- Notice the places where you feel separate from those around you and even from yourself. What is your story as to how that separation is created. Are you really alone? Most of us feel alone and separate at times, yet almost everyone would like to feel more meaningful connection with those around us. Explore and develop several methods you can use to shift from feeling separation to connection with yourself and others.
- What are your deepest fears? Are you willing to look straight at them and even consider welcoming them as powerful teachers in your life? Explore ways in which you can transform your fears by learning to accept and even be friendly with them.
For Those Who Want More
https://web.archive.org/web/20... - Looking at Root Problems
A thoughtful presentation of 12 irrational ideas that cause and sustain emotional distress. These thoughts are similar to core challenges in that they are stories on which people can be stuck an entire lifetime without even realizing how the story is running their life. These habitual beliefs have been found to be the root of much emotional and psychological disturbance. See if you might be telling yourself one or more of these stories, and if so, explore how you might change them.
www.noetic.org - Website of The Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Science (IONS) is an inspiring nonprofit organization that conducts and sponsors leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of consciousness – including perceptions, beliefs, attention, intention, and intuition. The Institute explores phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models, while maintaining a commitment to scientific rigor. IONS is known for its explorations of the transition from a mechanistic and materialistic worldview to one that is built on the intersection of science and spirituality.
www.amazon.com/New-Earth... - A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
This insightful book shows how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to transforming conflict and suffering throughout the world. Tolle describes how attachment to ego creates the dysfunction that leads to anger, blame, jealousy, and unhappiness, and shows us how to awaken to a new, more responsible state of consciousness and follow the path to a truly fulfilling existence.
Before moving to the next lesson, those registered for the course are asked to write the results of your exploration into your core challenges along with your feedback for this lesson at the link below.
The next lesson explores the powers of the mind and how it can be used both for manipulative purposes and for personal growth. Readings from declassified government documents will expose government mind control programs. Though lesson eight goes deeper than any other lesson into the cover-ups, the information provided is key to supporting us in making a difference.
For Registered Participants, Click Here to Comment on This Lesson
For Self-Directed Participants, Click Here for Lesson Eight
The Hidden Knowledge Course is part of the PEERS empowerment network
"Dedicated to the greatest good of all who share our beautiful world"